- This event has passed.
Macarthur Access to Justice Forum
10/04/2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Courts are a key part of the social infrastructure and social connection underlying the strength of community in an area.
At present, the Court infrastructure in the Macarthur region does not meet the needs of the growing population.
The Macarthur Law Society and the Law Society of New South Wales are hosting the Macarthur Access to Justice Forum to bring together Court users, legal practitioners, community organisations, stakeholders and individuals to have their say on the infrastructure they believe is essential for the effective and accessible administration of justice for the growing population in the region.
The Forum will encourage feedback from attendees as well as hear from the following guest speakers:
- Doug Humphries, President of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Lindy Deitz, General Manager of Campbelltown City Council
- Michael Tidball, CEO of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Rebecca Lysle, Court user and victim of crime
- Tanya Whitehouse, Program Coordinator of the Macarthur Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service